Basic height rescue refresher training
On this course participants refresh their skills in evacuating and rescuing a colleague hanging on a line, using a harness or stretcher, for instance for lowering or hauling up. Participants select suitable height rescue equipment and are trained in using it correctly and giving first aid.
Employees in the building and construction industry.
Employees in the wind turbine industry.
Personnel employed by the emergency services.
Employees in the offshore industry.
- To be able to form a rescue plan.
- To carry out planned work at height in accordance with current Work Environment Authority requirements for use of fall protection.
- Participants must be able to evacuate themselves.
- To carry out evacuation and begin the rescue of a colleague hanging on a line, using a harness or stretcher, for instance for lowering or hauling up.
- To be able to select suitable equipment for rescue at height, use it correctly and administer first aid.
- Inspection of equipment.
- Making a rescue plan.
- Making and identifying anchor points.
- Evacuation from height.
- Rescue and evacuation in and from wind turbines.
The participant completes all exercises with satisfactory results.
We issue a certificate when training is completed.