Fire and smoke diver training
The course is designed to give participants the required knowledge and practical skills to enable them to work as a firefighter/smoke diver when fighting fires in vessels.
Maritime staff that function as a firefighter/smoke diver in connection with fires on vessels.
- To gain an understanding of combustion theory.
- To gain an understanding of fire extinguishing methods.
- To gain an understanding of how to use fire extinguishing agents.
- To gain knowledge on how to use hand-held fire extinguishing tools.
- To gain knowledge on how to use water fog applicators and foam equipment.
- To become familiar with the respiratory system and how it functions.
- To gain knowledge on the build-up and effects of compressed air apparatus.
- To become competent in the use of compressed air apparatus during rescue work and the extinguishing of fires on vessels.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Joint courses are offered with up to 16 participants.
MEALS AND REFRESHMENTS
Catering services are always provided on our courses.
The school’s subject instructors with special offshore expertise.
3 days. Weekdays or weekends as agreed with the school.
Continual testing through questions on the theoretical part of the course. Participants must complete all the exercises with a satisfactory result. A certificate will be issued upon completion of the course.
This training course has been quality assured in accordance with the requirements of the Danish Maritime Authority. Participants must bring valid health documentation in the form of a seaman’s discharge book, that is less than two years old or an examination or health certificate that is no older than 12 months.
The course has been approved by the Danish Maritime Authority and meets the requirements of the STCW Convention.