Fire team leader
The course gives participants the required knowledge to work as a fire team leader during firefighting operations in the Danish offshore sector.
Individuals who will be functioning as a fire team leader in the Danish offshore sector.
- Knowledge of the special conditions associated with offshore fires.
- An understanding of the duties of a fire team leader during a fire and in everyday working life.
- The ability to apply leadership principles when responding to a fire.
- The ability to use different communication channels when responding to a fire.
- The ability to adapt, execute and evaluate a small fire drill.
- The refreshing of smoke-diving tactics.
- The ability to act as a fire team leader during a response drill for an offshore fire.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Joint courses are offered for up to 18 participants at once.
MEALS AND REFRESHMENTS
Catering services are always provided on our courses.
The school’s subject instructors with offshore expertise.
2 days. Weekdays or weekends upon agreement with the school.
Continual testing through questions on the theoretical part of the course. Participants must complete all the exercises with a satisfactory result. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
This course is quality assured in accordance with the requirements of the Danish Maritime Authority. Participants must bring a valid declaration of health in the form of a seaman’s discharge book, an examination of health certificate that is less than two years old or a ‘Fire team member’/’Fire team member refresher’ certificate that is less than 12 months old.
The course has been approved by the Danish Energy Agency and meets the requirements of the STCW Convention.