Fire team member and leader – refresher
The purpose of the course is to refresh the practical skills of the participant in their capacity as a fire team member or leader when fighting fires in the Danish offshore sector.
Personnel who function as a fire team member and leader in the Danish offshore sector.
Individuals who have completed the 3-day fire team member and fire team leader course are eligible for this course.
- To refresh instruction on the respiratory system.
- The refreshing of smoke-diving tactics.
- To refresh knowledge on how to lay hoses.
- To refresh knowledge on fire extinguishing techniques.
- To repeat the build-up and effects of smoke-diving equipment.
- To execute search exercises on smoke-diving trails and in buildings.
- To complete two emergency response drills with rescue and fire extinguishing exercises on training ships.
- To execute leadership and deployment of fire teams.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Joint courses are offered for up to 18 participants at once.
MEALS AND REFRESHMENTS
Catering services are always available on our courses.
The school’s subject instructors with offshore expertise.
8 hours. Weekdays or weekends upon agreement with the school.
Continual testing through questions on the theoretical part of the course. Participants must complete all the exercises with a satisfactory result. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
This course is quality assured in accordance with the requirements of the Danish Maritime Authority.
Participants must bring valid health documentation in the form of a seaman’s discharge book; an examination of health certificate that is less than two years old or a ‘Fire team member/refresher’ certificate that is less than four years old.
The course has been approved by the Danish Energy Agency and meets the requirements of the STCW Convention.