Fire team member
The course is designed to give participants the required knowledge and practical skills to enable them to work as a firefighter/smoke diver when fighting fires in the Danish offshore sector.
Individuals who will be functioning as a fire team member in the Danish offshore sector.
- To gain an understanding of combustion theory.
- To gain an understanding of fire extinguishing methods.
- To become competent at handling handheld fire extinguishing tools.
- To become competent at handling water fog applicators, as well as foam equipment.
- To become familiar with the respiratory system and how it functions.
- To become familiar with respiratory toxicants.
- To become familiar with the build-up and effects of compressed air apparatus.
- To become competent at using compressed air apparatus when performing rescue work and extinguishing fires offshore.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Joint courses are offered with up 18 participants at once.
MEALS AND REFRESHMENTS
Catering services are always provided on our courses.
The school’s subject instructors with offshore expertise.
Continual testing through questions on the theoretical part of the course.
Participants must complete all the exercises with a satisfactory result.
Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
This course is quality assured in accordance with the requirements of the Danish Maritime Authority. Participants must bring a valid health documentation in the form of a seaman’s discharge book that is at most two years old or an examination/health certificate that is at most 12 months old.
The course has been approved by the Danish Energy Agency and meets the requirements of the STCW Convention.