To provide course participants with basic knowledge on offshore helicopter operations, as well as the required skills and attitudes to enable participants to become familiar with the obligations and responsibilities of a helicopter landing officer, in addition to knowledge on fire extinguishing and rescue methods that are available offshore on or in close proximity to the helideck.
Individuals who will function as a helicopter landing officer in the Danish offshore sector.
- To become familiar with regulations.
- To become familiar with helicopter safety management systems.
- To become familiar with quality assurance.
- To gain an understanding of how the helideck operates.
- To gain an understanding of the rules.
- To gain an understanding of how the helideck is organised.
- To gain an understanding of helideck operations.
- Knowledge of how to use the protective equipment that is used on the helideck.
- The ability to carry out instructions relating to the helideck services and functions.
- Participants will be qualified for entry into the emergency preparedness team.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Groups of up to 12 participants can be enrolled in the course.
RESC subject instructors with specialised offshore expertise.
2 days. Weekdays or weekend as agreed with RESC.
Continual testing through questions on the theoretical part of the course. Participants must complete all the exercises with a satisfactory result.
Valid Danish Emergency Team Course or Basic Offshore Safety Course and Offshore Fire Team Member Course.
Course participants will receive a Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) certificate.
BL 3-5, 3-6, 7-11 & 6-08
The Danish Energy Agency, Announcement 798, § 10