First aid for accidents
– basic training course
2 hours (120 minutes)
GENERAL DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Participants will be able to act in accordance with the 4 key steps of first aid, as well as give appropriate life-saving first aid to victims with foreign objects in their upper respiratory tract, limited consciousness/unconsciousness and circulatory failure.
Participants will be able to create safe conditions for themselves and victims in connection with: Electrical accidents, traffic accidents, drowning accidents, choking and strangulation, wells and silo accidents, accidents involving heavy machinery and fire accidents. Participants will be able to deliver first aid in the event of major accidents and safely moving victims on the ground or in a vehicle.
Participants will gain an understanding of how to deliver early psychological first aid.
TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
- Welcome and presentation
- Overview of the course framework, method of instruction, content and practical information.
- Create safety and stop the accident: Electrical accidents, traffic accidents, drowning accidents, choking and strangulation, wells and silo accidents, accidents involving heavy machinery and fire accidents
- Safely moving victims
- Victim assessment and life-saving first aid (ABC method and removal of airway obstructions)
- Get help – call for help, dial 112 or contact your own doctor
- First aid to victims with limited consciousness and victims with normal breathing, including putting them in a stable recovery position/recovery position
- First aid in the event of circulatory failure
- Psychological first aid
- Realistic exercises are practised with emphasis on training participants in the 4 key steps.
This is not a stand-alone training course and must therefore be combined with another basic or elective training course.
This course does not cover Basic life support.