First aid for cardiac arrest
– basic training course
4 hours (240 minutes)
GENERAL DEVELOPMENT GOALS
The participant can react in the event of cardiac arrest in accordance with the four key steps of first aid. The participant can deliver basic life support to an unconscious adult with irregular breathing both with and without a defibrillator (AED).
TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
- Welcome and presentation
- Overview of the course framework, method of instruction, content and practical information.
- The 4 key steps of first aid
- Level of consciousness
- ABC method
- Stable recovery position/recovery position
- Chain of Survival
- Basic life support
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Realistic exercises are practised with emphasis on training participants in the 4 key steps.
If the participant needs to use the certificate gained from this course in connection with the acquisition of a driver’s license, they must have completed the course within the last 36 months in accordance with the Danish government order on driving licences. In addition, the participant must also complete one of the two traffic-related first aid training courses (which must have been completed within 12 months).
The Danish First Aid Council recommends taking a refresher course within 24 months.