First aid for musculoskeletal injuries
– elective training course
1.5 hours (90 minutes)
GENERAL DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Participants will be able to act appropriately in the event of musculoskeletal injuries, as well as head injuries.
Participants will be able to assess when to call for help, call a doctor/ambulance or treat the victim personally.
TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
- First aid for musculoskeletal injuries
- Bone fractures
- Fracture of hip and/or pelvis
- First aid for head injuries
- Open and closed skull fracture
- Bleeding between the brain and skull
- Realistic scenarios with emphasis on training of recognition of symptoms and training of skills.
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE TRAINING COURSE
The course will have a minimal focus on theory, and will instead primarily entail realistic exercises, participant reflection and practical training Exercises and training must carried out in a relevant and suitable area with the inclusion of realistic props.
In order to receive the Danish First Aid Council’s first aid certificate or Specialist program certificate, the participant must have completed at least one of the basic training courses “First aid for accidents” or “First aid for cardiac arrest” within the last 24 months.
This course does not cover basic life support.