The course provides participants with the knowledge and practical skills that are required to work as a firefighter/smoke diver when fighting fires on vessels.
Maritime staff who must be able to function as a firefighter/smoke diver when a fire breaks out on a vessel.
- To become familiar with the special conditions that apply to fires on vessels.
- To have an understanding of the function of a fire leader during a fire and in everyday working life.
- The ability to use the principles of leadership when responding to a fire.
- The ability to adapt and execute during a small fire drill.
- To refresh smoke-diving tactics.
- To work as a fire leader during an emergency response drill connected to a fire on a vessel.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Joint courses are offered with up to 16 participants.
MEALS AND REFRESHMENTS
Catering services are always provided on our courses.
The school’s subject instructors with special offshore expertise.
2 days. Weekdays or weekends upon agreement with the school.
Continual testing through questions on the theoretical part of the course. Participants must complete all the exercises with a satisfactory result. A certificate will be issued upon completion of the course.
This course has been quality assured in accordance with the requirements of the Danish Maritime Authority. Participants must bring valid health documentation in the form of a seaman’s discharge book, or an examination or health certificate that is less than two years old or a 3-day basic training/refresher certificate no older than 12 months.
The course has been approved by the Danish Maritime Authority and meets the requirements of the STCW Convention.